I like Star Trek.  Not the original.  I just laugh at that one.
But I love Star Trek: The Next Generation.  And Voyager.  The Doctor and I even went to a Star Trek convention when it was in town many, many years ago, 1994 to be exact.  Marina Sirtis was there.  Answering questions and signing autographs.  For those of you who aren't in the know, Marina played Deanna Troi, the ship's counselor. 
During the Q&A session, I had a question, and she answered it!  It was so cool!  We bought the script for the new movie coming out, Star Trek: Generations and she signed the script and a picture of herself. I think she is a very beautiful woman.  

So there is my brush with fame.  Other than the whole Oprah thing, of course!

2 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I can't see the picture but that sounds like an awesome experience. I used to watch Star Trek the next generation every single night with my brother. It was either that or go to bed. I really got into it for a little bit. I always wanted Ryker and Troi to hook up and was so sad that they never got it worked out.

Mom2mykids said... Reply To This Comment

I'm an original series Trekkie, but I love TNG, DS9, Voyager, even Enterprise. I loved loved LOVED the new movie! DH and I went to several Star Trek conventions early in our marriage, including two "Sea Trek" cruises. Yep, cruises. Loved them! Nana Visitor (Kira, DS9) was at one convention we went to; I was holding my dd Sarah who was about 1 at the time. Nana saw her and oohed and ahhed over the cute baby. I tell Sarah that's her claim to fame. LOL.

Post a Comment