Have you heard of the Topsy Tail?  This hair tool first started selling in 1991.  My dad made one for us girls because as we were looking at it, it looked so simple. 

So after I had a girl, I asked The Doctor to make one for us. 
 2009-11-06 13.49.09[1]
All you do is straighten a wire hanger, bend it to make a loop, and use tape to hold it together.  It sometimes gets snagged in the hair, but with practice, you get better.  We love using it, and making cute hairstyles with it. 
For this hairstyle, I put the hair in a pony tail, used the topsy tail to turn it inside out, divided it into three sections, braided each section, then pulled them up and bobbypinned them in place.  Super simple.
100_6445
Here we did lots of inside out ponytails using it.
100_6062
Finally, this is like the first one, but I did one big braid and then tucked it up underneath.
100_6086
So go make one for your little girls and have fun!  And I am more than willing to help you if you want! 

4 comments :

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

With what do you straiten it with?

The Mom said... Reply To This Comment

We just used our hands and pliers.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks so much! I've been looking everywhere to find out how to make my own! Thanks!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

do you have a tutorial on that last pic?!?!
the one with the braid?

Post a Comment