This was a wonderful day.  It's the day that I had dreamed about for many years.  On this day, my ability to bleed for days on end was taken away. 
Yes, I had a hysterectomy, and I love it!
Just like my mother, I never had regular periods.  I would go anywhere from 3 weeks to 9 weeks in between.  They would last anywhere from 5 days to a couple weeks.  And the last several years, they would be so heavy that I would be changing every hour.  It was frustrating.
I finally talked to my OB/GYN about it, and he sent me for an ultrasound.  They discovered I had fibroid tumors.  He said that most women have them in one form or another, but mine in combination with the other problems led to several solutions, but when he said hysterectomy, I jumped for joy. 
I am not saying that this is the answer for everyone, but it was for me.  We knew without a doubt we were done having children.  My ovaries were left in so I don't have to take hormones, I just don't bleed.  It is so lovely! 

1 comments :

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats! :)

I hope the transition goes smoothly for you!

Post a Comment