I love my grandparents so much. But this post is about my Grandma. She married my Grandpa in the temple and then watched him leave for World War 2. She raised 5 children who are all active in the gospel. She taught 2nd grade for years and I even got to be in the school where she taught for 4 years. I loved the attention I got from her. She taught me to crochet. She taught me to make her potato salad. When The Doctor was going to school, he lived with them that summer and she made sure he always had plenty to eat. I love her.

And now she is dying. That is what the doctor said. She has cancer. Pancreatic cancer. Which has a median life span after diagnosis of 3-6 months. I can't even talk about it because I am so sad.

I know she has to die sometime. But why cancer? I hate this. I want her to live forever. And I know that after she goes, my Grandpa won't be far behind.

But I am so grateful for the gospel, and the knowledge that we will all be together after we die. I will only have to say goodbye for a short time.

I love you Grandma. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me and to my husband and my children.




5 comments :

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

Aww I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz said... Reply To This Comment

My grandpa died of pancreatic cancer, and you're right the life span from diagnosis is not long. He lived 3 months after diagnosis. I do have to say it is a quicker cancer than some, which has its advantages. I'm sorry to hear this, it brings back a lot of the pain from my grandpa's death...I'll keep you in my prayers.

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so sorry - she's sounds like a wonderful lady. We'll be thinking of you, your grandma and family.

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm glad she has been able to be with you for so long though!

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Such sad news! She sounds like a neat lady. I agree with Tia in that I'm glad you've had so much time with her. My last grandparent died when I was 8 so I'm not too familiar with grandparents. It's incredible you've known her so long!

Post a Comment