So I have been working on making 4 rag quilts for some people in the ward (*wink, wink). I have them all sewed and now I have to do all the clipping. I bought the special rag quilt scissors and those are going to save my hands. However, when I did the first one, I did it on Friday while sitting on my bed...hunched over...for 3 1/2 hours.

I am in so much pain now. My lower back is killing me. I took 2 ibuprophin yesterday, and they didn't touch the pain. This morning I took 4. They didn't touch the pain. It didn't help that I had to get dressed in nylons and wear high heels for 4 1/2 hours while at church and dancing around trying to get the kids to sing!

So I just took a Percocet and I am really hoping that will help. Plus The Teenager is going to help The Doctor flip our mattress tonight in hopes that it will help. It's been a while since we did that...like 2 years. I know, I should be better about doing that.

So does anyone have a sure-fire way of helping back pain? Because I don't like it!

6 comments :

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

Have you tried a heating pad? That seems to help me sometimes. If the Percocet isn't helping, that I'm not sure if the heating pad would be much help either? :)

Kelly said... Reply To This Comment

So sorry! I hate back pain. I though you looked uncomfortable today! I was sitting really funny in Meredith's rocking chair for the first several months of her life, and it killed me! I finally figured out what it was and changed my position. I like those Thermacare wraps that you can put around your waist with the hot part at your lower back. I used to have this handout from a physical therapist about all of the back exercises you can do to strengthen your back, but those don't help when it's actually hurting.... Hang in there! It always gets better.

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

Frank had to finally get a muscle relaxer and basically it just knocked him out useless for a whole day, but I guess it helped after he rose from the dead. I love percocet, hope it helps. Your daughter was very concerned about your back while you were up doing singing time- she kept telling me how it was so sore- it was sweet how she was sad for you. I am sorry.

Devri said... Reply To This Comment

My back hurts all the time, I think it is because I have had to carry 10lb babies..

I just tell my husband to cut it off, because I would rather it not hurt all the time..

sorry you are hurting...

Wink, wink,

I am in your ward..

ashlieaxandike said... Reply To This Comment

oh I'm sorry-that sucks. I have some strong medicine you could have. wink wink...

take your shoes off during primary-the kids don't care and that would help.

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

Your next door neighbor is a massage therapist and would love to help you! Remember our trade? Call me.

Post a Comment