I have a grandfather clock. My dad made it a few years ago for each child and for my Mom for Christmas. I love it and I love hearing the chimes.
So last week, The Doctor's mom, 2 of his sisters, and their 5 children, came down to see The Teenager's play. After the play, they all came over here.

When the clock would chime, one of the nephews would go up to the front room where it was, and then come back down. Finally, when it was chiming 10:00, he said, "Someone is ding dong ditching you again."
LOL I thought that was so funny! I guess he has never heard a grandfather clock before. I also was glad to hear that it has a different name that what I called it growing up!

1 comments :

Debbie said... Reply To This Comment

What a funny story. I don't have a grandfather clock but we do have one that chimes. I love it.

Post a Comment