Whenever I heard about people working from home, I thought that was the easiest way to work. However, after working from home for over a year, I have discovered that it may be the most convenient, but it's not the easiest.

It takes me 6 hours to get 4 hours of work done. When I am at the office, I leave my timer running when I go to the bathroom, and while I am visiting with my coworkers for short periods of time.

When I am at home, I turn my timer off when I go the bathroom because inevitably I will make a bed, or pick up some toys, or something similar while I am up. And when the phone rings with a personal call, I turn off the timer. Or The Princess needs some help putting on a Polly Pocket dress. You get the idea.

It's also hard because The Princess watches way too much TV because that is the easiest way to keep her entertained when I can't give her attention.

Don't get me wrong...I love being home and working in my 2 day funky hair and pajamas. I'm just saying that it's not as easy I thought it would be. But I am home with her and if she really needs me, I can stop and be with her. That is what is important.

1 comments :

Debbie said... Reply To This Comment

And think of the other options. Would she really be better off in day care? I think you are fine.

Post a Comment