1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
I do a mix of the two.  For instance, I don't ever write a cursive r.  Unless it's at the end of a word.  And then I do.  Also, I never do the cursive upper case.  Cursive upper case Q...waste of space! 
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
I am a realist.  My hubby is a dreamer.  We are trying to mesh together, but it's a good mesh.  For instance, we are trying to plan a vacation for this summer.  I have never gone on an official vacation.  We never had the money growing up.  So I don't see the purpose.  It costs a lot of money that could be used to buy a shed or a bigger fridge.  But I am trying to learn that we need to be builder of memories.  A new fridge is not going to build memories.  It's still hard, though.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Billy Joel.  I can't stand Elton John.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not horror flicks but ones where the tension or suspense is killer.
"What Lies Beneath" was way scary.  Also, I saw "Sleeping with the Enemy" on TV and that scared the beejeebee's out of me!  "Wait Until Dark" is a classic with Audrey Hepburn.  And you can't forget "Something Wicked This Way Comes."
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
When I was in college, my roommate and I were out walking at night and a guy in a gorilla costume jumped out and scared us.  I almost wet my pants!  And when I was in high school, I slept in the basement. My room was pitch black at night.  I woke up one night to a loud crash.  I laid there forever trying to hold my breath and not make any noise, waiting for someone to attack me.  When I finally got up the nerve to turn my lamp on, I discovered that my clothes rod had broken and all the clothes were on the floor.  I was so relieved!
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
For some reason, I struggle with "restaurant."  I always want to put the "u" after the second "a."  I do consider myself a really good speller.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
I consider myself pretty average at the things I do.  Singing, playing the piano, scrapbooking.  I do okay, but nothing that stands out.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Being alone.  I love it when my kids are all at school and the house is quiet.  It's lovely!
9. Have you ever been on TV?
Yes...I was on Oprah.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Pumpkin...with lots of Cool Whip!
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
Let's see, I get The Ensign, The New Era, The Children's Friend, Real Simple, Reader's Digest, Eliza, and LDS Living.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
To not eat too much.  I am an emotional eater, so I eat when I am happy, when I am sad, when I am stressed, when I am depressed, and I eat just because the food tastes good.  I never get hungry. 

1 comments :

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

I'm right there with you on Billy Joel and loving intelligent scary movies (not the slashers).

I always read LDS Living at the dentist's office. Do you love it? Maybe I'll have to subscribe...

Post a Comment