For Christmas, I got a beautiful set of square dishes. Navy and burgundy. They are so pretty! And square glasses (real glass glasses...I haven't had glass glasses for...I can't remember the last time I had glass glasses!). I am really excited to use them. But...I can't use them until Sunday.

Why, you ask?

I'll tell you why, but we have to go back 5 years.

December 2004. The Princess was 4 months old and I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. My birthday is December 19th. For my birthday, my sister gave me paper plates and bowls, plastic cups and silverware. She said she wanted me to have a break from doing dishes for a couple of weeks. My initial reaction was, "Really?" But as I used them, I discovered the beauty of the gift. I didn't have to do dishes! I didn't have to get mad at the kids for not doing them right. I didn't have to do anything. Just throw away. That Christmas break was so lovely!

This year I decided to do it again. It really didn't cost that much, and it gives both me and my children a break. I want to relax during Christmas break too. So we have 1 more day, and then Sunday, we get back to using dishes. And I am really excited because I then I get to use my new square dishes!

0 comments :

Post a Comment