Okay, I found a bunch of "Random Dozen" questions, so until I can get my brain working, you get this.  Let's all hope that it doesn't last! 
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
Does a slushy at the gas station count?  I get one of those about once a month.  But I do try to take care of myself.  I can't spend everything on the kids!
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.  
Hmmmm, oh, I know!  I love pictures and want pictures of my kids all around the house.  But frames are expensive and to try and get them all to match is impossible.  So I have started painting them all black, then sanding the edges a little to make them look antique.  They are all different sizes and styles, but because they have the same finish, they all look good together.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Oh, way too little.  We have outgrown it.  The bedrooms are squished, the family room is small, and don't get me started on the kitchen.  I just want a couple more feet in every room. 
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore? 
Walking from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned house.  I have allergies, and even just working in the garden (which I hate) makes them flare up.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
Um, so it's not bad for you and it will help you lose weight?  I don't see the dilemma here!
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Ride.  Or rather, sleep.  I can fall asleep in the car driving from my house to Walmart, which is like 4 minutes away.  I read somewhere that when you lay down to sleep at night, if it takes you less than 15 minutes to fall asleep, you are sleep deprived.  It takes me around 30 seconds!
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
;-) A game that very few people know the answers to.  Unless you are playing "Star Wars" trivial pursuit with my husband, and then he knows EVERY SINGLE ANSWER! Not kidding.  I played with him once. 
8. How long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
It depends on if we are watching the movie at home or at the theater.  At the theater, I give a much longer time because I paid a lot more money!  At home, if I get bored, I just get out my computer and listen to the movie.  A book is different because even if it is stupid, I have to know how it ends.  I read "Frankenstien" and I hated, hated it, but I had to finish it!  It was so annoying!
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I love Donny Osmond.  I love most of his songs too.  I will sing them out at the top of my voice around the house.  In my dreams, I have married Donny before!
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
-5.  I like schedules.  I like knowing what is going to happen.  I even have a hard time when the kids ask to have a friend over because it was not something I was planning on!
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
Nope.  I like my food bland.  Meat and potatoes.  And I drink water.  I rarely drink pop.  I never drink caffeine. 
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I try to control everything.  If everyone would just let me control how they dress and act and what they do, my life would be so much easier.  That is my biggest struggle with my teenagers...letting go and letting them make their own choices. 
Well there you go.  I would love to hear your answers to these questions.  Just copy and paste and then put the link in the comments.  This could become a regular thing!

0 comments :

Post a Comment