So I promised I would show you what I used my picture hanging strips for.  But first you need some back story.
I love pictures of my kids.  I love looking at them and remembering what was going on in the picture.  But scrapbooks aren't enough.  I wanted pictures around my house. 
The problem with that frames are expensive, and to get frames that match every time you buy them is nearly impossible.  So I have been stuck with random frames in various shades. 
Until now. 
Last year for Christmas, my parents gave us a really cute wall hanging, and I wanted to hang pictures on my wall, but I wanted the frames to match the wall hanging.  So I painted them black, and then sanded the edges to make them look old.  Here is how it turned out.
2010-01-17 21.56.36a
No, my kids are not albinos.  I have covered the faces in order to protect the innocent!  Now this is still a work in progress.  I want to put more there, but I was so happy with how it turned out!
After I took new pictures of my kids this last fall, I moved them to a different wall and wanted them to be more unified.  So I did the same thing...I painted them black and sanded the edges.  Here is the result.
2010-01-17 21.56.53a
However, this was such a pain to get them all exactly evenly spaced apart and the same height and such. And I am too OCD to let it be "wrong."
So now I had a whole empty wall in which to put up more "random" pictures of my kids, instead of the posed yearly pictures.  The Doctor went to the local thrift store (Deseret Industries) and bought me a whole bunch of frames for $1 each.  I painted them all black and got them ready to go.  They looked so cute!
But again, to try and hang a bunch of pictures and have them all level and where I wanted them was frustrating to even think about, let alone accomplish!
Then I saw the commercial for the picture hanging strips.  I nearly cried because I was so happy!  I found them at Joann's, and quickly put them to good use.  Below is the wall.  I used them on every frame there.
2010-01-17_16.13.12 a
This whole wall only took me 1/2 hour to put up.  I put my level on the frame as I stuck it on the wall and then just pressed it on.  I am in heaven, and I can't wait to get more frames to fill up the wall! 

2 comments :

Kelly said... Reply To This Comment

I love love love love love it. I want to do a photo wall, but I need to get the "buy in" from Jeremy. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just do it. :)

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Very cute! I love pictures of my family in my home and on my walls as well.

Post a Comment