I have complained so much in last 2 1/2 years, that I decided I need to sit down at the close of 2009 and decide what I am truly thankful for.

I have complained that my husband drives me nuts and I have even been angry at him. How thankful I have a husband who loves me and forgives me.

I have complained about my children. How thankful I am that I have healthy, happy children.

I have complained about having to do laundry. How thankful I am that I have clothes to wear and a washing machine and dryer to do my laundry in the comfort of my own house.

I have complained about not having enough room in my fridge and freezer. How thankful I am that I have enough food to eat and place to put it.

I have complained about my husband not ever being around. How thankful I am that he has not just one job, but 3! And jobs that he loves and that pay the bills.

I have complained about my having to work...boy, have I complained! How thankful I am that I have a job, and that I have such an accommodating boss.

I have complained about my house being messy. How thankful I am that I have a house, and that we have things to leave out.

I have complained about the dishes not being done. How thankful I am to have food to eat on those dishes, and a dishwasher (both the automatic one and the 4 human ones!) that can clean those dishes.

I have complained about my aches and pains. How thankful I am for medicine that I can take to make those aches and pains go away.

I have complained about my calling in church. How thankful I am for my musical talent, and that I get to share that with little children and teach them to love singing.

I have complained about my trials. How thankful I am to a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to give me trials to help me grow and strengthen my testimony.

I have even complained about how many blogs I have to read! How thankful I am that I have so many friends!

Yes, I have much to be thankful for. Thank you for reading my little blog. Now bring on 2010!

4 comments :

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

Good way to look at it! Happy 2010!

Potter Family said... Reply To This Comment

It is truly amazing how much we have to be grateful for when we take the time to think about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

I appreciate the reminder as well. Thanks for blogging.

Mindy said... Reply To This Comment

I like this post. Sometimes we miss the blessings and just see the trials.

Post a Comment