No, it’s not possible that my baby is 17.  And yet, his driver’s license says it’s true.  Here are some reasons why I love The Teenager.

1.  He has a very dry sense of humor.  He can really catch me off guard with it. 

2.  He has discovered what he wants to be when he grows up, and surprisingly, it is a scientist.  Marine biologist, to be specific.  He comes home from school all excited about what he has learned in his zoology class.  He can go on and on about spiders.  And as much as I don’t care about spiders, I listen because I love to see him enthusiastic about them!

3.  He is learning to save money.  He saved up enough money this year to buy and register both a scooter and a motorcycle.  Now he wants to save up for a car.  And I have no doubt that he will be able to do it.

4.  He is very generous.  If you need money, he will give it to you.  There have been times that I have been stressed about money, and he has tried to give me his money to help out.  That means a lot to me.

5.  He has a strong testimony, even if he doesn’t think he does.  He sometimes wants to be a rebel, but can’t do it for long because his faith and knowledge of the gospel is too strong.  He is going to make a great missionary.

I am so proud to call him my son.

1 comments :

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

That's sweet! I'm sure it's hard to be the mother of two teenagers.

Post a Comment