How is it that in the space of 5 seconds, someone I love can say one sentence that breaks my heart? And they say it in a room full of people, so I have to swallow the tears and pretend that everything is okay?

One comment can change my self esteem drastically. 4 words. They can let me know exactly where I stand with that person. I have known, but they have never verbalized it.

And now everything is different. Only they don't know it because they probably don't even remember making the comment. But I will never forget.

And don't worry...it's not anyone who reads this blog. I am not going to say anything more. But take this plea...think before you talk. This is something I could do more of too. And I will. Because I hope to never hurt anyone like I was hurt.

4 comments :

Devri said... Reply To This Comment

Mean people suck!!!

nuff said...

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I am so sorry. I've had this happen before too. The tongue is a mighty sharp weapon. I hope it's someone you don't have to be around a lot. Again, I'm sorry.

Heather said... Reply To This Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. It is not fun to try act unphased in a room full of people.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

honey think of what happened the night of my gradation. i know it's hard trust me. i may be young and not fully understand everything but this i do. but the hardedt thing but the best thing and it will take time is to forgive them. AND THIS IS THE HARDEST THING!!!! and soneday they will be accountable for everything. which is goosd. love you

Post a Comment