I refuse to turn Easter into Christmas. We need one holiday that is Christ-centered. When I was growing up, we didn't even do the Easter bunny. But The Doctor did. So we compromised. We color eggs on Friday, the Easter Bunny comes on Saturday, and Sunday we focus on Christ.

I gave up buying new church clothes for the boys for Easter years ago because with all the hand-me-downs, The Chocoholic had several shirts and pants! So now I just buy a new dress for The Princess (or 3 like I did this year), and the boys get a new tie. They don't care because they are boys.

2 comments :

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

I agree, it is not so fun buying a new Easter outfit for boys. Pretty anti-climatic.

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I agree about the whole Christmas thing. Yes, we have the Easter bunny come and Sunday morning they go down and see, but it's tiny little eggs filled with tiny stuff. Not bikes, not trampolines, and not swing-sets, what the heck is happening?

Post a Comment