I saw these posted on Pioneer Woman's website, and on Bakerella's site.  I thought they looked so cute that I wanted to try them. 
100_6832
You start with cooked cake.  Let it cool and then crumble it up into a bowl.  Dump in almost an entire tub of frosting and mix it all together.  Form them into balls and put them in the fridge for a couple hours to chill.  Melt white chocolate.  Put popsicle sticks into the cake ball so it becomes a sucker.  Dip into the white chocolate and let it harden.  I used chocolate cake, but you should try white.  I think it would coat better.  I needed 3 coats to cover the brown completely.
Then go crazy and decorate.  I was so tired by this time, that I had no motivation.  I did about 6 of each and then quit.  But the ones I did were really cute.  You should go to their websites and see the professional ones.  They are much cuter.
100_6819
 100_6824
 100_6825
This is the mess from all the decorations and crap.  It was driving me nuts.
100_6829
100_6830
I doubt I will ever make them again because I don't like cake in the first place.  But come Christmas time, I think I might try to make them with my Oreo Truffles.  I just need to figure out how to make a Santa Claus.

6 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

Those are sooooo cute, but looks like way too much work. Do they actually taste good?

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

Their adorable! You did an awesome job! I could see doing this for a kids party or something and yes it looked like a lot of work.

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, I'm impressed! Why were you making those?

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Cute! I've made Pioneer Woman's cake balls before, but not the pops. They were yummy! A little too yummy.... they weren't pretty, like your pops, but they were good!

The Mom said... Reply To This Comment

They taste like cake with frosting and chocolate. Very rich.

The Mom said... Reply To This Comment

I was making them for fun...for Easter. Funny thing is...I really don't like cake! LOL

Post a Comment