My mom called me last night and said that I haven't posted in a while. I got on and realized it had been since last Thursday! Whoops!

So I was going to post something witty and amazing last night, but then got caught up trying to get the pictures off my cell phone onto my computer. And oh, the drama! I got them off the phone onto the T-Mobile website, then deleted them from the phone, then emailed them to myself. Then deleted them from T-Mobile.

Never, never, never delete pictures until you are absolutely sure you have them saved somewhere else!

When I opened my email, the pictures wouldn't show. Just little boxes with red x's in them. I was sick. I shut down the computer and bawled. My poor hubby...trying to study for the Praxis test (which he is taking on Saturday!) and dealing with an emotionally drained wife.

This morning I turned the computer on and opened the email and guess what!

Still little boxes with red x's.

I spent 15 minutes on the phone with T-Mobile trying to see if there was anything I could do. Nope. Nada. Noodle. Sorry, a vague Veggie Tales reference there.

I then thought I would try to email it to my gmail email and see if they would show up there. So I hit forward, and noticed that the email had attachments. Hmmm. I sent them, then opened up my gmail account. Guess what!

Little boxes with red x's.

But I noticed that the email had the attachments. So I clicked download on one, saved it to my computer, then went onto the computer and opened it and guess what!

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

71 pictures that I successfully saved. You can't even imagine the relief that washed through me. Last night when I went to bed, I kept saying, "They're just pictures, they're just pictures." But they're not. They are memories.

Small blessings people. Small blessings.


This is my dad at his 60th birthday party...2 years ago.

The Teenager playing Santa for our Christmas party...2 years ago.
Kira from last night, playing soccer...well, playing in the goal while the rest of the team plays soccer.



Yay! I found a picture of the red car. This is the night we sold it to CarMax...and the last time I will ever go on the lot of CarMax. My sisters love it there. For us, it was a nightmare!

The Princess at her preschool Christmas party...2 years ago.

4 comments :

Devri said... Reply To This Comment

yay a post!!

Have a great day!

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

I've been the same way about posting myself..just blase blah. I guess with all the birthdays done I'm done for the moment. :) Glad you were able to save your pics.

Kelly said... Reply To This Comment

Whoa, you had pictures from 2 years ago on your cell phone? Wow. :)

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad you got them all transferred and saved. What great pic's. I have been wondering where you were since you post regularly. It must be busy at your house.

Post a Comment