Mmmmmm.  The smell.  The selection.  I love it all.  What am I talking about? 
Office supplies, of course!

Paper, pencils, pens, markers, erasers, paperclips, label makers, rubber bands, postits in every color, adding machines, tape, highlighters, binders...well, you get the idea.  I am drooling even as we speak.
I have always loved them.  When we go shopping, I will spend more time in that aisle than anywhere else.  I have never had to search for a pen or pencil.  In fact, about a year ago, I went through all my stashes and gave a gigantic bag of pens to my mom for her classroom.  I always have at least 2-3 pens/pencils in my purse.  Always at least 1 pen.  One of my pet peeves was standing in line at the checkout and the person in front of me asking the clerk to borrow a pen.  I never understood how they didn't have one!
When the sales come on for school supplies, I have to force myself to not spend money.  Right now I have 20 10-count, 4 12-count and 5 24-count boxes of pencils, 16 boxes of 12-count colored pencils, 29 boxes of 12-count mechanical pencils, 3 boxes of 12-count markers, 24 spiral notebooks, and 10 packages of loose-leaf lined paper.  I will NEVER run out of pencils!  LOL  I think it's time to donate to my mom!
Since the schools here aren't allowed to send a list of required school supplies home (which I think is the most idiotic thing in the world!), I always ask the teachers what they need for their classrooms, so I can go shopping for school supplies.  White board markers and erasers are always on the top of the list. 
So if you ever need to borrow a pen, come on over.  Of course I will have to go through and make sure you don't take one of my favorite ones!  So give me fair warning so I can start the grieving process!

3 comments :

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

Wow that is impressive! I'll be sure give you a holler when in search of a pen!

Devri said... Reply To This Comment

Close your mouth woman!!

YOu are too funny!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

I'm just like you! I'm in heaven when I step into a Staples or Office Max. My husband just laughs. Thanks for the birthday wishes and the occasional comment. I eat them up if you can't tell!

Post a Comment