In our ward, we had a sewing group and they were making rag quilts in baby size. Well, I don't have any babies and there are none on the horizon for anyone in my family, but I thought it would be fun to make a twin size quilt for The Princess. Well, my thinking is that if I am going to make one, it can't be that much harder to make 4.
Right.
I spent so many hours working on these. I had to cut out all the squares (80 squares for each quilt - 8 across and 10 down), and then I sewed two together with an X, and then I sewed them together. And then I had to clip all the seams. Hours and hours and hours.
When the kids asked who they were for, I told them they were for people in the ward. Well, they are people and they are in the ward!
I loved how they turned out, until I washed them. The light blue and the pink didn't bleed, and the dark blue only bled a little bit, but the red bled badly, and the white is pink. I was sick, but The Doctor kept telling me they looked great, and the kids all love them.
I am just glad they are done! And they do look really good.



6 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

Holy Cow, you've been busy. They all look great and it looks like your kids love them.

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

They look amazing! I am sure your kids were so excited. Did you wash the fabric before you cut it out? It's probably something you weren't told to do, but a good idea on most sewing projects. Either way, they look great!

Liz said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, good job! I'm impressed. It takes me longer to do a baby quilt than it did for you to do 4 twin quilts. Congratulations! I bet your kids loved them!

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Great job! It took me forever to do the baby one so I can only imagine how long it took you to do this. Sorry to hear about the fabric bleeding. The white didn't look pink to me. :)

Bridget said... Reply To This Comment

Love these! Great job on them!

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

That is a lot of work! They turned out great.

Post a Comment