1. Was your pregnancy planned? Kind of. With #1, Ihad been on the pill for 4 months, and it took us 4 months to get pregnant. With #2, I had been on the pill for 7 months, and it took us 7 months to get pregnant. I had just started going back to school when we decided to start trying. I had been on the pill for 12 months, so we figured it would take us at least that long to get pregnant, and then with the pregnancy, I would almost be done with school when I was due. Well, Heavenly Father had other things in mind. I went off the pill and didn't even have a period before I got pregnant!
2. Were you married at the time? Yes.
3. What were your reactions? We were stunned. Yes, we were trying, but really weren't expecting it that quickly. And then the doctor said that when you get pregnant right off the pill, there is an increased chance for twins. He immediately took me to the ultrasound room and checked. Thank goodness there was only one!
4. Was abortion an option for you? Never
5. How old were you? 25
6. How did you find out you were pregnant? Home pregnancy test. I always get really cranky and mean and one night I was at my wit's end and I jokingly said, "I wonder if I am pregnant." Well, I had a test, so the next morning I peed on it and it was positive!
7. Who did you tell first? I don't know. We never kept them a surprise, so I am sure our parents.
8. Did you want to find out the sex? Definitely! I wanted a girl so badly. The pregnancy was so different from the other two that I just knew we were having a girl. I even went and bought girl clothes. The night before the ultrasound, I had The Doctor give me a blessing and I was blessed with peace. So the next day when they said it was a boy, I was okay. I did cry some, but I thought I was handling it. The day after that, I was watching Oprah and she had on a woman who had 10 children, all boys. I lost it! I sobbed for 2 hours! But by the time he was born, I was ready for him and wouldn't have traded him in!
9. What was your due date? December 13.
10. Did you have morning sickness? Just slightly nauseous.
11. What did you crave? Fruit.
12. What irritated you? Don't remember.
13. What was the sex of your third child? A boy.
14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you were getting? See #8.
15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 25
16. Did you have a baby shower? Nope.
17. Were they a surprise?
18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I didn't, but the baby had Hydronephrosis. That is on my list of things to blog about. So stay tuned!
19. Where did you give birth? In the same hospital as #2.
20. How many hours were you in labor? I was induced, so from the time the needle finally got in my arm to the delivery was about 8 hours. But the first 3 hours don't count because the contractions didn't even hurt. It wasn't until the doctor broke my water that I started feeling them.
21. Who drove you to the hospital? My hubby. We had an appointment that morning to see if we should go ahead and do the induction, and when he said yes, we casually walked down the hall to the women's center. Much different than with #2!
22. Who watched you give birth? My hubby and my mom. I loved having her there.
23. Was it natural or c-section? Natural.
24. Did you take medication to ease the pain? At the end, I asked, no begged for an epidural. While it was going in, I started pushing. The nurse pushed my legs together and said I had to wait! But as soon as it was in, I flipped over and 2 minutes later he was born. So I still felt everything. We have figured out that when I start asking for an epidural, I am in transition!
25. How much did your child weigh? 8lbs exactly.
28. When was your child actually born? December 4, 1998 at 5:27 p.m.
30. What did you name him/her? The Chocoholic.

1 comments :

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

Number 8 sounded exactly like my reaction when I found out that number 3 was a boy.
I also saw that Oprah episode and cried, though that was just with boy number 2. :)

Post a Comment