I have been thinking about posting about this for a while, and now JustRandi beat me to the punch.

I don't get it. Yeah, it's been great because I have been able to reconnect with two friends from high school and college. But then we exchanged emails and there is no need for Facebook anymore.

Practically everyone in my ward are on it, and more are joining all the time. We sisters have discussed Facebook etiquette and how if we are going to be "friends" with the husband, we must become "friends" with the wife first. You know, to avoid any misunderstanding! LOL

However, I don't understand when people send me "stuff" requesting stuff back. Why? What's the point? And becoming fans of things? And honestly, I don't care to know what you are thinking or doing right now. It seems kind of silly. If I want to know, I will call you. What, you haven't gotten a call from asking what you are doing right at this very moment? It's because I don't care! LOL

I'm not trying to be rude, and if you enjoy all this stuff, more power to you. I just don't get it.

P.S. I do love the flair! There are some really funny ones out there!

4 comments :

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

It took me forever to "get it" so I understand. There's really nothing to get. :)

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I feel the same way. I don't get it-I mean I get it, but uh... you know what I'm trying to say. I hardly ever get on and when I do I feel the obligation to change my status. I encouraged Frank to get an account to network for publicity and to get the word out about his book and that has totally helped. I also think it's a popularity contest- people will accept and find friends who they barely even know just to show how many "friends" they have. Anywho... just my rant about facebook, the good and bad.

designHER Momma said... Reply To This Comment

I totally get this post. If people really knew me on facebook, they would think twice about sending me plants for my cybergarden. I got the biggest black thumb in real life so my cybergarden is bound to be a big FAIL WHALE.

Randi said... Reply To This Comment

You get me, you really get me!!

Crazy, right?

Post a Comment