Owning a house is a privilege, NOT a right.

We waited until we could afford a house before we bought one. And we bought a house we could afford at the moment. It was small, but it was adequate.

I did not do an interest only loan in order to get into a bigger house than I could really afford.

I did not get a variable rate so I could get a smaller rate in the hopes that in a few years I would be able to refinance before the rate changed.

So why should I have to bail out all those people who to were too greedy and stupid to buy a house they couldn't afford?

I understand that situations happen, people loose jobs, etc. But we are in our current crisis because people bought houses they couldn't afford. I am not going to blame the banks because they were all just trying to make a buck. That is their job. It isn't their job to be the moral compass.

Maybe I should stop paying on my mortgage for a few months and then I can get my loan refinanced for free, or I can get the government to force my lender to lower what I owe on my house.

I am ticked off.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/05/real_estate/bail_outs_fair_or_foul/index.htm

4 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I am so with you on this one. Arggh!!!

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

I couldn't agree more!

Mindy said... Reply To This Comment

I know, it's just crazy!!

Kelly said... Reply To This Comment

Here's a quote that fits the bill:

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
Thomas Jefferson

It is supremely frustrating.

Post a Comment