1. No cooking. Because The Doctor is a high school teacher, he has had the summer off. So he volunteered to take over the cooking. It has been HEAVENLY! To look at the clock at 4:30 and not panic about what I am going to make? Priceless. And he is such a good cook. He doesn't follow recipes, he makes everything up.
  2. Sleeping in. I have trained my children NOT to wake me up. I will sleep in until 8 or 8:30. Which doesn't sound that late, until you realized that during the school year, I get up at 5:25 so I can shower. We then read scriptures from 6 to 6:30. This year, The Teenager is in high school, so he will be leaving the house at 6:45. Then The Artist will leave at 7:15, and The Chocoholic will leave at 7:45. The Princess is in afternoon kindergarten (barf!) so at least I will have more time to do her hair!
  3. Pool time. We have been taking private swimming lessons from a sweet girl in our ward, so we have been going to the pool 3 times a week. And I have been getting in and enjoying the sun too. I have really gotten to enjoy that. I know that we can still go after school, but then it's homework time and almost supper and it's more crowded. This is our last week. Sob.
  4. Projects to look forward to. We have finally had a smidgen of money this year to do some things outside. We got our fence finished off and the kids have slept outside. We got the flowerbeds done in the backyard and it looks awesome. We have a thriving garden, and when I finish this post, I am off to bottle tomatoes! And we are supposed to be getting a sprinkler system put in the backyard soon.
  5. We have done some fun family staycation things this summer. Most notably, we went to Lagoon for the first time. I know, everyone is so shocked when my kids said it was their first time. It was expensive! Even with sweet discount tickets from a new writer in our ward, it cost us $180 just to get in. But it was so much fun! All the princess wanted to do was ride the Merry-Go-Round. That was the first ride she went on and she was so happy, she was crying!
  6. Spending time with my hubby. When he starts teaching again, he will leave the house at 6am and not get home until 5:30-6:00 at night. Monday through Friday. He is also teaching at Argosy University on weekends, and will be teaching an online math class for BYU-I. He will be so busy. I guess I will catch up on my TV!
  7. The rest of the summer. I know that summer isn't "officially" over, but with The Chocoholic starting school this week and The Princess starting next week, it feels like it!

3 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I am so glad you got to enjoy your time at Lagoon. It is a great place to have a mini-staycation. I'm glad it made "The Princess" that happy. Do you really have that many tomatoes already? We put in 9 tomato plants (in hopes that I would have enough to bottle) and we barely have a few orange ones. Hopefully, they will come in soon.
I too, will miss Summer!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

i'm glad i could shine some light on your summer. :) it's been fun for me too it gets me out of the house

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Those are all great reasons to miss Summer. I love that the princess was so happy at Lagoon. That makes the cost worth it! Though you couldn't do it every day. :)

Post a Comment