...tired of working hard to do the laundry, and then going to the oldest two children's bedrooms and finding it a week later still in the laundry basket waiting to be put away. And the dirty clothes in a pile on the floor next to it.

I make them bring it up and sort it. Then I wash it and dry it and fold it. All they have to do is put it away. I have given them multiple chances.

Many, many, many, many, many, many chances.

I am done. Done doing their laundry. They have to do it now. I taught them how, I stand there and make sure they do it right, but they are doing it.

Do you know how heavenly it is to go from doing laundry for 6 people to only doing it for 4? I feel free! 2 children down, 2 to go.

How will it be to only do laundry for 2 people? I can't even imagine right now!

4 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

When we turned 12 we had to our own laundry- well actually my parents didn't start that rule until I went to college, but by then me and my older brother were doing it ourselves anyway. I think it's a reasonable request.

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

That is awesome! We're getting there. I figure I would start them out easy. :)

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

Love that picture!

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

That picture tells it all! I can't wait until my kids can do their own. Mine are still not big enough to even put their clothes away! (At least not hang up the shirts, since they can't reach the hangers!)

Post a Comment