About a month ago, I started having the feelings that I wanted to run a 5k.  Not walk.  Run.  Those of you who know me, know that I don't run.  I don't jog.  I barely walk!  In fact, I have been known to waddle!  LOL  So for me to want to run, and run in a race no less, is quite bizarre! 
I happened to mention it to my sister last Saturday and she squealed with delight.  Squealed!  She had just signed up to do a 5k using the Couch to 5K program
I went home and looked it up and thought it looked doable.  You are only training 3 times a week, for 20-30 minutes each time.  Not only that, but for the first week, you are jogging for 60 seconds and then walking for 90 seconds. I can do that!
So last night, The Doctor and I went out for Day 1.  I had visions of looking like this:

Unfortunately, I am sure this is how I looked:

It is definitely how I felt!  LOL 
But I did it!  I didn't quit.  I came home wanting to die, but full of confidence.  If I did day one, surely I can do day two.  More updates to come!
Oh, and if anyone knows a good 5K around the end of September, beginning of October, and it is a FLAT course, let me know!  I need to sign up, but I don't want to sign up for one that will be over my head!

6 comments :

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Those were funny pictures! :) Congrats on the decision to do this. Very exciting! Sorry I don't have any recommendations though since I've never done one myself.

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

You go girl! Keep it up with the training, because the race isn't the hard part, it's the training. If you can get yourself out the door to train, the race itself will be easy in comparison.
For some race info, try going to www.mysaltlakerunningco.com and go to their events calendar. They have all kinds of races listed throughout the state.
Good luck!

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

That is awesome. Good job. You will be so proud of yourself once you do it. Then maybe you'll want to do more. You could check out utahraceguide.com for a calendar of races, dates, and details.

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations, that is great! I never considered myself a runner and I realized anyone can train themselves to do it.

Mindy said... Reply To This Comment

Wasatch Woman Love your Body 5k and 10k. it's women only. It's Aug 22 7AM. I'm doing the 10k. You should come and do it!! The more you run the better you'll like it. Good for you!

Aprill said... Reply To This Comment

This is so cool. I'm glad you and Ash are doing it together. Have fun!

Post a Comment