In Utah, we celebrate the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake valley to settle it. That was July 24, 1847. So every July 24, we have parades and fireworks. It is 2 holidays in July! It's awesome.
The Teenager was asked to be on our stake's float. Why? Because he fit into the army uniform! LOL He looked so handsome. He had to get up at 4:30 and catch a ride downtown. They judged the floats at 6:00. Then they had to sit around until the parade started at 9:00. Then he got to stand and wave for 2 hours in a wool uniform in 90 degree weather!
I didn't go to the parade. I hate the heat. And I don't really care for parades either. But we taped it on TV and they gave him a lot of face time! Then when I went to the TV station website, this picture was there.

My son is on the left, next to the cannon. He is so good looking. And he is a good kid. I can't believe he is growing up so quickly. 3 years to his mission!

2 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

He looks like he was meant to play the part. I am glad they got a hold of him. I must have turned on the parade on TV right after he was on because I sat through an hour and a half of it and never saw our float. So I am glad there are pictures.

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

That is way cool! I also missed our float so thanks for posting a picture.

Post a Comment