I used to wish that I could listen to the speakers in church.
Now I wish that I had a baby to take out to the hall when a speaker was putting me to sleep.  LOL
I used to wish that I could be done with babies.
Now I wish that I could have more access to a baby to cuddle and hold.  I really miss that.  There are no more babies in our families on either side and with being in Primary, I never get to hold a baby any more.  It's sad.
I used to wish that my mom didn't work so she could baby-sit for me more.  Even though she baby-sat all the time for my brothers, I never liked to ask her because she was always so busy.
Now I wish she she was on the same track as my kids so we could go shopping together and go to lunch more often without kids tagging along!
I used to wish that I had more money to buy scrapbooking supplies.
Now I wish that I could find time to actually scrapbook, now that I have tons of supplies.  When I get the time, I first have to clean off my desk and put away all the stuff that has accumulated in my room.  By the time that is done, I am exhausted and there is no time to scrapbook!
I used to wish that my kids would hurry and grow up.
Now I wish that they were little again and I could go back (with what I know now) and spend more time cuddling and reading and playing with them.  Life goes by so fast!

3 comments :

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

It's so true, we always wish for what comes next or what we don't have. It's good to get some perspective sometimes.

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful post...

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't wish for them to hurry and grow up!!

Post a Comment