When we moved into our first house, I bought navy blue rugs for my kitchen. I love them, but I will never buy dark again! They collect dirt and show it all!

I also hate to mop my floor. Mops don't do a great job, and I was raised to get down on my hands and knees and use a rag to mop. I never do it as often as I should.

Anyhoo...When we moved here, I put the same rugs in my kitchen. And finally a couple of months ago, after 8 years of hard work, the biggest one had had it. It was falling apart, so I threw it out.

And when I looked down, I saw the line seperating the clean floor that had been under the rug from the dirt in the grooves of my laminate flooring where the rug hadn't been. I was so embarassed. I scrubbed and scrubbed and couldn't get it out.

But today, I had some inspiration. I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (BTW...best invention ever!) and scrubbed at the dirt...and it came clean! I got a portion of my floor done this morning and will do the rest later, but I am so glad it isn't permanent!

Just thought I would pass this along.

5 comments :

Kelly said... Reply To This Comment

I agree, those things are miracle workers! I don't know how they work, but they work like a charm, every time!

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I totally agree about using a mop. I don't own one. I always have to get on my hands and knees, which is why I don't do it often enough either. Good tip about the magic eraser.

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

I love the Magic Eraser too, and I hate mopping. I also believe in mopping on your hands and knees with a rag..but it is so much work!

Debbie said... Reply To This Comment

I, too, love those erasers. And I've done my floors with them as well!

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

Magic Erasers are the best! And add me on the list for not mopping often enough. But I plan on doing it today. I keep stepping in something sticky! ;P

Post a Comment