Tonight was rough. We were jogging for 90 seconds and then walking for 2 minutes. On the last 2 jogs, I heard in my mind, "I can't do this. I am going to have to quit and tell everyone."

And then I told myself, "I can do this! I can! I have to!" And so during the last 30 seconds or so of the last 2 jogs, I was saying it out loud.

"I can do this. I can do this. I can do this."

And you know what? I did.

My self confidence has never been better. I am looking in the mirror and not hating what I see. I now see a woman who is jogging. Who is getting off her behind and exercising.

It's hard. Tonight kicked my butt. But I held on and I finished.

I can do it.

I can.

5 comments :

Debbie said... Reply To This Comment

Good for you. Isn't that just the best feeling?

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

You are doing great! You can do it! 90 seconds is a long time when your doing something streneous like running.

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

I seriously got teared up when I read this because I know how that feels. I know that when I was able to keep going when I absolutely didn't think I could anymore I felt so good about myself and what I accomplished. It just feels good to do something that you never in a million years thought you would be able to, huh?

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

And the more you do it, the EASIER it will get. I promise!

Potter Family said... Reply To This Comment

Because of you, I jogged this morning and thought I might die on my first jog. But I am still here and I actually jogged a couple times in my 2 miles. Thanks for inspiring me.

Post a Comment