The Princess is a true diva.  She loves to dress up and have her hair done and be pretty.  And I have to admit, I tend to encourage it!  I love feeling pretty. 
Last year, The Teenager had a concert, and The Princess was dressed up in her Cinderella dress.  She wanted to wear it to the concert, and now that I have 3 kids under my belt, I am more relaxed with the 4th.  Sure she can wear it, why not? 
She didn't just wear the dress.  She also had the tiara, the gloves, and the purse.  I drew the line at the high heels, though!  She looked so adorable and got many comments throughout the night.
As I watched her walking in front of me, a little piece of me regretted not letting my boys do the same when they were little.  Not dressing up as Cinderella, but letting them wear the Halloween costumes and going out in them.  She was so happy and they would have been too.  I was too worried that they would get dirty or torn and then I couldn't pass them down to another child.
So learn from me...things like that aren't going to affect their eternal salvation.  Learn to relax and let them have fun.  I wish I had learned that earlier.

1 comments :

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

Good for you! I wish I could have seen her all dolled up and out on the town. It makes me feel so much better having done most of my Christmas shopping one year with a 3 year old Batman (Vince).

Post a Comment