I love to read birth stories. Each one is so unique. Even my own children were each so different with how they chose to come into this world.

I would love to share them with you.

We will start with The Teenager. I am just going to copy this out of my journal.

The Teenager was born October 5, 1993.
I was 20 years old.

My water broke that morning at 3:00 a.m. I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and when I got back into bed, I started to wet my pants (or so I thought). So I got back up and it leaked all the way to the bathroom. It was just a slow leak. So I woke The Doctor up and we went to the hospital.

The nurses confirmed that my water had broken. I went into the birthing room at PV Hospital and they hooked me up to the monitors and we waited. I called my mom (it was 4:00 a.m.) and told her she was going to become a grandma that day.

When I first got to the hospital, my contractions had barely started, and I was only at 1 cm. At 5:30, I was at 3 cm. At 7:30, I was at 3+ cm.

So they put me on Pitocin.

That was awful. I didn't like the Pit at all because it caused my contractions to come real hard, so I really couldn't get on top of them. But they never lasted for more than 45 seconds.

About 10:30 I got a 1/2 dose of painkiller, and again at 12:30. But that's all I had. I did it completely natural!

I forgot to mention that when I got there, I received my first enema. It was awful!

My mom had always said how when it came time to push, it felt so good. Well, maybe the first one!

About 12:50, I go the most urgent need to push! I was standing up and automatically started to push. I could not control it! It was almost scary!

The nurse came in to check my dilation and told me to push a little bit, and she stretched my cervix and popped it over his head and told me to go ahead and push. It hurt to push. It was so hard!

I pushed for 20 minutes, and the last few, they put an oxygen mask on me because my heart beat was going down. It was so frustrating to see his head come and then when I would stop pushing, it would slide a little bit back in. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Finally at 1:12 p.m., little The Teenager made his entrance into the world.

One thing, while I was pushing, I could see his head and still feel him kick me. It was weird! But he was so strong. He started to cry even before he was all the way out.

When his head came out, he was so ugly (Sorry, but it’s true!). His face was gray and wrinkled and squished.

The first thing he did when he was all the way out was go the bathroom, just missing Dr. Dinger (yes, that’s his real name).

While the nurse was cleaning him off, Tom turned to me and asked if I was ready to have another one. I just about asked for a divorce right then and there! I told him no, I was only having one child. Ever.

The nurse finally brought The Teenager over for me to see him. He was so cute and tiny! He weighed 7 lb. 8 ½ oz. and was 19 inches long.

The Teenager's first picture. My goodness, I was young!
Getting ready to come home from the hospital.
I had NO CLUE what I was in for! But did any of us?


Post a Comment