As you and I dig into our pockets to help people in disasters and crises, please keep these facts in mind:
The American Red Cross
- President and CEO - Marsha J. Evans received a salary for the year 2010 of $651,957, plus all personal, medical and pension expenses.
- Less than 10 cents of your donated dollar actually goes to the cause.
The United Way
- President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary, along with numerous personal and family expense benefits.
- Less than 12 cents of your donated dollar actually goes to the cause.
- CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1.2 Million per year (100k per month) plus all living and housing expenses, including a ROLLS ROYCE.
- Less than 15 cents of your donated dollar actually goes to the cause.
The Salvation Army
- Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.
- 96 cents of all donated dollars go to the cause.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- No salary paid to administrators or volunteers.
- 100% of every dollar goes to the cause! See LDSphilanthropies.org