A few years ago, I treated myself to a Twinkie.  A fresh Twinkie from the grocery store. 

And I hated it!

It was too soft and spongy and I really disliked the texture.  I couldn’t figure out what was wrong because I had been eating Twinkies for years. 

And then it hit me.

I had been eating Twinkies for year…from the outlet store.  The Twinkies that were about to “expire,” or go past their freshness date.  That is where my mom always bought them, and where I always bought them.  They are so much cheaper than full retail price at the store.  So I had been eating nearly stale Twinkies. Hence, when I had a fresh one, I didn’t like it at all.  That wasn’t the way it was supposed to taste!

I still can’t eat them from the store.  They have to be from the outlet.  That’s just they way it is.

(But I love them frozen now.  Just freeze them, then eat them right out of the freezer.  Yummy!)

3 comments :

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

I'll have to try a frozen Twinkie. So yummy!

Kristen said... Reply To This Comment

Ding Dongs are the only way to go. Twinkies - YUCK! :)

Potter Family said... Reply To This Comment

To funny, I am the same way. Always buy them from the outlet, the others taste funny. But what I really love are HoHo's right from the freezer. Yummy!!!

Post a Comment