The wall between my living room and kitchen does not go all the way to the ceiling.  When we first moved in, I was so excited to decorate it.  My mom and my aunt helped.  But it’s hard to get up there.  We had to get a ladder and it was very awkward. 

So one we got everything up there, I let it be.  And I didn’t touch it. 

For 5 1/2 years. 

Sorry, Mom.

So, one day I looked up.  And then looked closer.  I was horrified at how much dust I could see.  I pulled the ladder out and started pulling everything down.  After I got all the “stuff” off, I looked down at the ledge. 

And then I saw it.

Dust.

I can’t believe I am showing this, but this is for everyone who thinks that my house is spotless and clean all the time. 

Look at the following pictures carefully.

030
032


Yes, the grey is the dust and the light is what the ledge should be.  The worst part is that the top of that ledge is textured, which made it next to impossible to clean off completely.  I vacuumed, I scrubbed, and it still looks bad.  But it looks better than it did!

I was, and still am, so embarrassed.  But I am all about being honest here.  And it doesn’t get much more honest than this.

Now, I wish I could say that this will motivate me to clean it more often.  Sorry.  I foresee several years before I clean it off again.  So don’t look up when you come over!

1 comments :

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

Camille, I'm so proud!

Post a Comment