The purpose of this post is not to get preachy. So keep reading!
In our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (you may know us as the Mormons), we partake of the Sacrament every week in remembrance of the Savior's sacrifice for us. Young men who are worthy are given the Priesthood at the age of 12 and become a Deacon. So when The Artist turned 12, he received the Priesthood.
One of his duties is to help pass the sacrament. Shortly after he was ordained a Deacon, he was passing the sacrament. When each young man is done with his section, he will go stand in line and wait for the other young men to finish. Then they will all go to the sacrament table together.
Well, The Artist is easily distracted. This day as he was standing in line, waiting for the other boys to finish, he was observing a family and watching their little children. He was not paying attention to the line.
The other boys finished, the line moved, and he stood there watching the family next to him. Suddenly, he looked up, realized that he was supposed to be up at the front, and ran to join the other boys.
Ran.
In church.
In Sacrament Meeting.
In the middle of the Sacrament.
The Doctor and I were laughing so hard. Not out loud...quietly. But our whole bodies were shaking from trying to hold it in. I thought I was going to bust.
I will remember that my whole life.

4 comments :

charrette said... Reply To This Comment

That is a priceless image! I'm sure it didn't even occur to him that he was being irreverent. "Runs with sacrament tray" is possibly more hazardous than "runs with scissors!" :)

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

That's funny! When did that happen? I didn't get to see it.

The Mom said... Reply To This Comment

This is what makes me sad...I don't have it written in my journal! I have searched several times and it's not there. I remember it like it was yesterday, though. And if you hadn't been watching, you wouldn't have seen it. It happened really fast!

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

I missed it too! Shucks, that would have made me laugh too.

Post a Comment