I have a great boss.  For having to work, I couldn't have asked for a better boss.  She is understanding, patient, kind, willing to tell me things over and over, and willing to work with me on my schedule.
When you consider 2 years ago I was working every day in the office from 1-5, and now I work in the office 1 day a week from 9-12 and the rest of the time I am working at home, I think I am doing really good.
My boss is a single mother.  I try not to complain about my schedule and having to work around her because I know she would love to be home too.  The other day I was talking to her about having my kids on different schedules (1 in high school, 1 in jr. high, 1 elementary, and 1 kindergarten).  Okay, I was whining. 
She said, "You can't complain until you have 1 out of country, 1 in college, 1 in high school, 2 in jr. high, 1 in elementary, and 1 in preschool.  That was my first year of single motherhood.  I came home every night and cried."
Wow.  That really put things in perspective.  I don't have it so bad.  It could be so much worse!

0 comments :

Post a Comment