I can't justify spending so much time and money on neighbor gifts when I am already feeling guilty about how much I have spent, and how little time I have spent with my children. Plus the fact that does anyone really another sugary treat on their hips?

Next week, I still have to work. All my kids will be home, and I have to leave and go work. So when I am home, I don't want to be frantic. I want to play with them and read to them and have fun with them.

So to all my neighbors, please know how much I love you. I really do. Thank you for understanding.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments :

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

I am fully complicit in your plan for 'no neighbor gifts.' My hips and I love you, too.

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

We totally understand! We aren't sending Christmas cards/letters for similar reasons. We love you too.

Potter Family said... Reply To This Comment

I don't know why it always seems like such a big deal to get EVERYONE something. Really everyone else is stressed because they think they need to do it also. I was excited because our neighborhood decided to do a food drive in place of neighbor gifts. What a relief!!

Debbie said... Reply To This Comment

Makes me happy that my neighbors and I haven't ever exchanged gifts.

Post a Comment