In order to keep our children on the straight and narrow, we don’t allow cell phones, ipods, or cameras in their bedrooms. It is too easy for kids to mess around with texting/sexting when they are alone.  They have to check their devices in every night.  We keep them in our room.  But when there are 3 cell phones, 4 ipods, and a DSi, there were tons of cords.  Everyone was trying to find their cord, which many times had fallen behind the dresser.  It has driven me nuts for months, and I just couldn’t figure out a better way.

Until I saw this blog post.  Bingo!  The box doesn’t look the same, and I may redo it sometime in the future, but I am pleased with how it turned out.  The shelf is from Wal-Mart, in the kitchen section.  I am so thrilled that my dresser isn’t a mess anymore.  Here are the after pictures (no before…I didn’t think about it!).

IMAG0266IMAG0267

3 comments :

Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

I have seen things like this, it's a great idea!

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

My kids aren't old enough to have cell phones yet, but I think it's a great idea to not allow them to have them in their rooms. I didn't even think about that! I think I'll have to use that idea to have them "check in" their phones at night.

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

That's awesome.

Post a Comment