Do you ever take your wedding ring off?  The only time I take mine off is when I am making bread or cinnamon rolls (or anything doughy where I would have to dig the dough out of the ring).  I don’t take it off to shower, and I don’t take it off to wash my hands. 

I remember shortly after I got engaged, I overheard my roommate comment to another person about how weird it was that I never took my ring off.  I thought, “Well, I’m not concerned that it’s going to turn my finger green, so what’s the problem?”  My mom never took hers off and I had never heard of someone taking it off to do simple things around the house.  There was one girl in our apartment complex that was engaged for only a couple of days, took her ring off to shower, and lost it.  I was appalled that she would treat it so casually, knowing that it cost hundreds of dollars.

I did take it off when I was pregnant because I swelled up so bad that it didn’t fit.  But I tried every day after each birth until I was able to squeeze it on.  I like showing to everyone that I am taken! 

3 comments :

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

I take mine off to sleep. I'm afraid I'll lose a diamond or something. But I agree, I think everyone should wear their ring when they are in public at least. I knew of several guys in college that didn't wear a ring and it was so hard to tell if they were available or not.

Mom2mykids said... Reply To This Comment

I don't take mine off very much either. Only when I take a bath or when I'm mixing up food that would get into the cracks of the ring. I had to quit wearing it when I was pregnant, too, because I gained so much weight, but when I could get it back on, it got stuck and I had to have it cut off and resoldered. :( But it's a wonderful ring set and I love it even 19+ years later.

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

I always wear mine too, but I'm not currently because of the pregnancy. It's just too tight! It will be nice to get it back on though. :)

Post a Comment