An experiment was conducted by Wendy Watson Nelson. For two weeks, she asked women to do a simple exercise, and the results were stunning. Here’s what the women who participated in the experiment reported:
- An increased desire to de-junk their physical environments.
- A greatly reduced desire to watch TV.
- An increased desire to reach out to others and follow through on commitments.
- An increased desire to be kinder, gentler, and more patient.
- An increased desire to take care of their bodies by living the Lord’s law of health more fully.
- An increased ability to see how they could have handled situations better.
- An increased mental focus.
- An increased ability and desire to really study and learn.
- Old habits of backbiting, gossiping, and cynicalness falling away.
- A dramatic increase in their physical energy, because energy-draining negative emotions were gone.
- An unbelievable reduction in stress.
- Profound changes in their conversations with others.
What would cause such dramatic results? Something so simple.
“For five days in their morning prayers, they were to pray with concerted effort for the Holy Ghost to be with them that day. Then, throughout the day, as they encountered any difficult, tempting, or trying situation, they were to pray for and really picture the Spirit being right there with them.” --Wendy Watson Nelson
Anyone up to try this with me?