Well, we aren’t moving.  We sat down and ran the numbers and even if we got a full price offer on our house with no concessions, and it was lucky enough to appraise for that amount (which is a big if), we would be in the hole $17,000.  That doesn’t take into account moving expenses and utilities and then deposits for renting a new house, etc. 

We just looked at each other and knew that we were not comfortable with that.  So we took the house off the market and we are going to give it a few years to let the market hopefully stabilize. 

Strangely, I am relieved to make this decision.  I have hated trying to keep the house clean and company-ready all the time.  The bad part is that I have to unpack boxes and put things back away.  I have liked how uncluttered the house feels, even though we are having to go out to the garage several times a week to find things!

So if you know anyone who is moving, I have lots of boxes they can have! 


Frank, Heidi and Family said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, I bet that is a relief to have that stress of instability or the unknown done. I'm sorry your initial plans fell through though. Welcome back!

Tia said... Reply To This Comment

I've been hearing the rumors from the kids. I'm glad the rumors are true! Sorry it didn't work out, but I'm glad you're staying!

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Yay! You are staying. :) I drove by today and noticed the sign was gone so I was wondering.

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

I'm glad you are sticking around. But I am sorry that things didn't pan out the way you had hoped.

Post a Comment