Everyone knows what pencils are. Everyone uses pencils. They are inexpensive and easy to find. But did you know that pencils are like your life?

1. Everything you do will leave a mark.

2. You will make mistakes but they can be corrected.

3. The most important part is what is inside you.

4. You will undergo painful sharpenings that will only make you better.

5. You will be guided by the hands that hold you.

What an amazing analogy.  I have been through some sharpenings lately, but they are making me stronger…I hope.  It’s not easy.  Sharpenings hurt.  Many tears have been shed.  But just as I was feeling my lowest, a dear friend stopped me and made me talk.  I am so grateful to her, more than she will ever know. 

It’s not over yet, but it’s getting better.  I am scrapbooking again, and that is helping.  It is something that I am doing for me.  Well, it’s for the kids, but the time is for me.  I am doing something that I want to do, not that I have to do.  And it’s healing.

You’ll never sharpen a pencil the same way again!

3 comments :

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

Great analogy. I'm sorry that you are struggling. It's never fun going through these sharpening stages.

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

Keep scrapbooking. Do whatever it takes to get through this hard time.

Potter Family said... Reply To This Comment

I loved this analogy. I feel like I have been sharpened lately,as well. Maybe I need to do something for me again, sometimes I don't feel like I know myself anymore.

Post a Comment