I am loving my church calling again. 
I have been in Primary for over 3 years now.  I was the pianist for about 14 months, and then I have been the chorister for the last 2 years. 
Last year, I was really struggling by the time the program was over.  I just was really annoyed with the children and they were bugging me a lot.  Even some of the teachers were starting to bug me. 
I had talked to our Primary President about midway through the year and told her that I was getting burned out.  I wanted to finish out the year, but after that I was done.
Well, I never heard anything in December about being released.  I finally talked to the Primary President and she told me the Bishop had no intention of releasing me. 
I’ll be honest with you.  I went home and cried.  I didn’t want to be in there anymore.  I was a little bitter for a couple of weeks.  And then I decided that I needed an attitude change.  I wasn’t getting released, so I could either have a bad attitude and be miserable, or I could change my attitude.
I chose to change my attitude, and I am so glad that I did.  I am having so much fun again!  The children are responding really well and have learned the song so good.  And have I mentioned how much I love the song we have been learning this month?  :-)

4 comments :

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

And you do a really good job! I think it's easy to fall into the "I've been in my calling for so long" mode. I know I do it sometimes, but then I start thinking about what other calling I might get and stop and enjoy what I have. :)

Debbie said... Reply To This Comment

I am so happy for you and so impressed that you were able to just change your attitude like that! Hooray:)

Aprill said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad! It's something you have to do every week. Might as well enjoy it.

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

Good for you! You're wonderful at what you do every week.

Post a Comment