I love to get comments on my blog.  I read blogs because I love to know what other people are thinking, but I also like to know what they are thinking about what I am thinking.  Did I lose you there?  So when I spend time typing out a post, and then I don't get any comments, I feel bad, like my opinion was boring.
However, I am not a great commenter myself.  I love to read the blogs, but I don't always take the time to comment on them.  Sometimes I honestly have nothing to say.  But usually it's just because I am lazy.  I also feel sometimes that no one really wants to hear what I have to say. 
And then there are the blogs that get like 90 comments every time, so by the time I read it, I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said a million times.  I am pretty sure Pioneer Woman never reads the 10,000 comments she gets on each post.  So what's the point of commenting then?
How do you feel about it?  How often do you comment?  And if you are one of those that get tons of comments do you read them all? 

5 comments :

Jess said... Reply To This Comment

I love comments. But, My family blog doesn't require a lot of comments.

I don't comment unless I really feel like I have something to say.

Melissa said... Reply To This Comment

I don't get tons of comments. But I appreciate all of them. I still feel a little guilt towards the friends who had blogs and invited me before I ever started blogging. I never read their blogs OR commented. Once I started one myself - I got it!
I think we all want a little feedback both on our blog entries and the things we do that it seems no one notices.
Hmmm...like cleaning out the microwave or taking apart the vacuum and cutting all the hair and carpet fibers off the brush - still waiting for 'someone' to notice those things I do that I do not like to do!
I'm reading even if I don't comment every time. I think the thing I admire most about you is that you are fearless!

Angie said... Reply To This Comment

I'm like you and sometimes have nothing to add so I don't comment. However, I love getting comments and I do read them all because I moderate comments so I have to look at them before I publish them.

Mark and Kattie said... Reply To This Comment

I am also a lazy commenter. It seems like I spend enough time on blogs, adding lots of commenting takes even more time! But sometimes I make myself comment on a few blogs because I know I like comments on mine.

Jean said... Reply To This Comment

I'm the same way. Plus with the little time I've had lately the comment and blog reading bucket has been drastically reduced. I still ready and love all my faithful few commenters. I'm actually really OK with my small circle of "blog friends".

Post a Comment